My z45 Genie with 616 hours on it is used at my farm to work on barn siding, trees , etc.. Works great and wish I'd gotten it 10 years ago instead of last January. I'm getting more familiar with it and read this forum to better understand what goes on with these machines. Question I have now is how long I should expect a propane cylinder to last. The gauges on the tanks aren't too accurate but it seems I get about 8 hours of run time on a full tank using the hours clock on the machine as a timer. Not sure if that hour meter runs only when the engine is on or when the key is on [??]. Anyway, does it sound reasonable to get that consumption level [8 hrs per tank]?
Sounds about right
I think most machines are designed with fuel tanks to last 8-10 hours depending on how hard they're worked. With propane it's not a bad idea to have a second tank.
One of my first purchases after I got the Genie was another propane tank as back up. Works out well. Anyone know if the hour meter records only when the engine is running or if it kicks on when the key is turned on?
Turn the key on and see if it ticks or the tenths increase.