I have a 1999 GS-2646 scissor lift that has worked flawlessly for many years. A few months back I used it to go up to my rafters brought it back down and turned it off with the platform estop. I pulled the estop a few minutes later and nothing. The LED display does not work and nothing operated (almost like there are no batteries). I followed all the test procedures in the manual and always end up at "call your local genie service center". I had received a communication error code weeks before, so I decided to replace the computer and top control box. Neither resolved my issue. The odd part is I am getting 26 Volts on one side of the estop and 22v on the other side (with the estop in/engaged). I have checked all the wiring that I can and have good continuity everywhere. I also bypassed the wiring and connected the top side controls directly to the ecu and no change. The odd part is when I check volatge on the wires going from the ecu to the top controls they all show voltage (x2 26v and x3 22v). I am at a total loss of what to even check. Is there any safety feature that would cause it to not "turn on" at all? Serial #16659 with gen 5 ECU. Thank you! And if anyone is in central Washington and wants to help I will pay very well
What does the back of your estop look like? can you snap a pic?
I will post some picts tonight. But its the style with the microswitch block on the back. The new control box I bought has a different style though. Thanks
Sounds good!
Pic posted. sorry took me a minute to figure out how to post a pic. I have tried to jump the terminals on the estop (bypass it) and no change in anything. I truly feel like some peripheral senor, or something is keeping the ECU from powering up.
These units are notorius for the connector from the chassis harness to the platorm cable harness. Try dielectric grease in connector and zip tie to firmly hold connection. See if you get power
If your not sure of the part number call my buddy. He just launched HBparts. He will find the part for you.
So genie. Power goes from ground estop first. Through scissor stack cable then through platform estop to power up. Have you tried unplugging the control box from the Deutsch plug and then open the small side door on right side and plugging the control box in ? This will eleminate the scissor stack cable from the equation. If it works well then it's in the stack cable or stack cable Deutsch plug. If it doesn't change anything you can isolate it to box or ground control wiring. If you do and ground controls work most likely suspect would be the pcon. Power through estop then feeds pcon board. We replace a fair amount of both gcons and come. You won't be able to use ground controls on a gcon machine unless platform estop is working and passing power to pcon. You will get error codes right away. Usually when you don't get a state of charge indicator or lights/ function to your buttons it's the pcon. Open the box up and follow the control box cord to where it plugs into pcon. You can test your power to and pcon ground right there. If you got it there at the plug again pcon is most likely suspect. Have seen over the years on some machines where the joy stick will damage the harness during it's sweep due to harness routing inside control box.. unfortunately the pcon is a integrated board and you just have to replace it based off the testing you do at the connections.