I just purchased a 2006 genie gs-2668rt just to find out with the cold weather finally here it constantly dies and every now and then it throws a faultimate code that says 02 platform ecu fault. I figured it was maybe a frozen fuel filter but it dies while on propane too. And it doesn't die like it's starving on fuel it straight up kills the engine. What can I do to fix this.
I suggest starting with checking your platform harness. Check the plug where the upper control box plugs into scissor harness. Sounds to me like you have a broke wire or bad connection,. The manual says 02 code will cause a shut down. Thats why its dieing.
You also should be able to unplug the upper control box and plug in at the ground control box to eliminate the harness in the scissor.
Moonlite is on the money. 99% of the time it is in the curly-Q pigtail at the upper controls that cause the 02 fault code. 02 is an interruption in communication between upper and lower controls. One or both of two wires of the five wires in the cable are at life's end and causing this interruption. There are two 12v positive wires (red and black) one Ground wire (white) and two Data Link wires (usually blue and orange). It will be the Blue or Orange wire that is causing the issue. If the issue is only intermittent connection of wire strands in the harness no damage should happen to the ECM or Platform Circuit Board. However, if a short should develop between a 12v+ or the Ground wire and one of the Data Link wires, permanent damage could result to the ECM, The Platform Circuit Board or both. Disconnect the pigtail at both ends and do a continuity test between both ends. Clip the ohmmeter leads to both ends of each wire and stretch and relax the pigtail while noting the ohmmeter reading. Also be sure to check for crosstalk between the wires as well.
Ya you guys were right!! I ended up unplugging the controller on the platform and plugged it in on the main unit where the wires run past the hydraulic tank. As soon as it was plugged in in the bottom the stallING stoped and it ran great. Plugged it back in on the platform and it would die. So I take it it must be a bad harness that runs up the scissor. Any suggestions where a guy could buy one?
Hinley electronics 419 352 7110. I would look at the harness and see if repairable.