Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie GS2668RT. Brake problems

Peter Greer · 2020-05-17 11:53

Hi I recently bought a 2001 Genie 2668RT diesel model. I have since discovered that the brakes are stuck on as the machine was quite slow to drive. I’m an electrician so had a look at the electrical side of things which is all ok. A mechanic friend had a look at it and believes that the valve that the solenoid operates relating to the brakes is ok as it shoots back and forward when tested on the bench. He put a pressure gauge on the end of the brake pipe at one of the wheels but didn’t think that there was enough pressure to release the brake but didn’t know what the pressure should be as the manual that I got for the machine doesn’t show this. The manual hand pump release doesn’t appear to be putting up enough pressure to release it either. Does anyone know what the brake release pressure should be or think of anything else that could be causing the problem? Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1skata2020-05-17 22:37

    What manual do you have? You can download service manual at genie website.

  2. #2Peter Greer2020-05-18 03:50

    Hi I could only get a 2008 manual, my machine is 2001 but it does seem quite similar. Do you work on these machines?

  3. #3skata2020-05-18 09:42

    I'm not a mechanic by trade, but I work on my own machines, and own a 2007 model gs2668rt. I see option for earlier manual on genies site. GS-2668/3268 RT from SN 101 to 05-44770 (PN 52302)