I purchased a Genie S-85 4x4 from a Forklift outfit and it has worked awesome. It is a 2001 SN S80-2789. I use it in KS around my farm on flat ground and hadn't noticed the 4x4 working or not. We needed it on a different site and went to load it on a trailer. As I got up the ramps and the back wheels came to the ramps they started spinning. The front wheels weren't engaged at all. When I called the salesman, he theorized that the 4x4 only works with the wheels extended, but that seems ridiculous as they would be needed for loading. I ended up turning the machine around and the wheels that were engaged pulled it right up the ramps. Even so, I bought a 4x4 so thats what I want. Looking through the manuals, hydro schematics, etc. I can't see that the 4x4 would ever be disengaged and that it should work all the time. Does anyone have any knowledge of the 4x4 system on these lifts who could give me some ideas? Is there an electrical switch, or could a valve be stuck. Thanks, Nate
I never seen a genie with 4wd that shuts off. Are you sure your machine has 4wd? Lol
Yes I'm sure. There are drive motors on each wheel and it says 4x4 on it. See pic.
Are the hubs disengaged ? You would need to pull up the service manual and put a gauge on the traction manifold pressure port. Axle extension only affects the limit switch for boom extension and max out boom angle height not the drive system.