Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

GENIE parts

Dualie ยท 2010-06-12 00:36

Anyone know where to to get genie parts cheep? I was just told that a 98 Genie scissor lift needs $1000 in circut boards that go under the joystic controls.

Replies6
  1. #1willie592010-06-12 19:24

    I've been using these folks for years. You can get either new and rebuilt circuit cards from them. And in some cases, you can send your old ones to them and have them rebuilt. http://www.hindleyelectronics.com/

  2. #2barklee2010-06-15 17:28

    equipment parts wholesale or gciron.com

  3. #3Dualie2010-06-19 00:25

    Thanks guys Hindley wants $425 for a completely New controller. MUCH easier pill to swallow.

  4. #4willie592010-06-19 19:21

    Yeah man, that does sound better. :yup It sounds like you may have one of those OEM controllers with two potentiometers on it, those things are kinda spendy.

  5. #5Dualie2010-06-21 01:29

    Honestly i don't have the Patience to troubleshoot electrical gremlins. I have a semi retired mechanic that works for me on an as needed basis. hes 70 years old, still pretty sharp. I don't use him for the heavy stuff just a troubleshooter and tuner. He's the one that says the box is bad and needed both boards. Equipment parts is the one that said it would be over a grand.

  6. #6mikesmobile2010-09-21 21:40

    I know this is an old thread but I want to point at that sometime EPW cost a little more than OEM, after using them for a while I started comparing prices, I buy mostly skyjack parts from them, for instance EPW wheel and tire assemblys cost more than skyjack, but joysticks and stuff like that are usually a fraction of the cost. don't always take for granted that aftermarket is cheaper