Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie S60 broken hyd swivel

Moonlite ยท 2015-12-05 14:17

Genie S60 hydraulic swivel. I have only done 4-5 of these type but can't see why this would happen. [ No problem getting apart slid barrel right off so I assume this is why they had problems

Replies4
  1. #1Moonlite2015-12-07 19:39

    Ordered a new one. $2015. Was cheaper than I thought

  2. #2Moonlite2015-12-07 19:42

    i see I have this in the wrong forum

  3. #3willie592015-12-07 22:28

    No worries, I moved the thread to a construction equipment forum as opposed to dirt equipment forum, also added a little more description to the thread title. Not sure what would cause that failure, maybe poor casting or poor design distributing the load bearing against the steel. What's odd is the seal doesn't look distorted or torn from a shock load that would have possibly caused the steel to crack, the seal actually looks to be in proper shape. Weird. :beatsme

  4. #4Moonlite2015-12-07 22:52

    Thanks Willie59