Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie 4390 RT

joker2607 ยท 2015-12-12 05:04

Greetings to you all, I have a huge problem with my lift. The machine is: Genie GS 4390RT from 2001 Motor: Deutz History: The machine had a few tweeks with switches which I replaced and It was working fine until one of my colleagues while expanding the platform ripped the joystick cable. Present: The cable was reconnected but the diagnose display turn on while on platform controls but it's of when you switch it to ground control and the joystick has no lights on it. On platform controls diagnose display shows 02 error. After that I opened the joystick and found that the wires that come from the joystick cable wiring are torn from the electric board. I took the jack off and connected the directly but still no change. I tested with the OHM meter every connection on the board and It's ok, also on the end of the cable everything ok. Now i need help what could it be. It's too expensive to buy a joystick and figure out it's not the joystick. If you can, please help. ointhead ointhead

Replies1
  1. #1barklee2015-12-13 20:05

    I believe that is telling you that your joystick is off center. The code for the 02 is malfunctioning platform controls. On ours it was the drive stick reading off center. As for the repair I can't really say other than sending it in to a repair center or purchasing a reman unit. Hindley electronics in bowling green Ohio will diagnose this for around $40. Maybe give them a try.