Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie s65 inop up,down,extend and retract

Brian Emmerling ยท 2021-09-08 12:38

I have a 2006 genie S65 man lift with a deutz engine. s6006-13895. The unit will not operate up down extend and retract. I checked all the wiring everything is getting power. to confirm that the power is working I took the wires from the solenoids and put them on the jib coils. the jib responded perfectly. I am leaning towards the flow control valves that are activated when you hit the function controls. But I highly doubt both solenoids would go out for both the up,down and extend retract. the up/down has a wire that goes to a relay. The extend retract just goes from the switch to the solenoid. there is nothing else I can find that both circuits go to at the same place. So i dont know how the two are effected by the same issue. Thanks for taking the time to read.

Replies2
  1. #1Txhayseed2021-09-08 20:45

    Check your limit switches. Usually if you loose boom functions like that its a stuck or faulty limit switch. I would down load the service and start with those limit first.. Check those out and get back to us and we can from there..

  2. #2Brian Emmerling2021-09-09 23:40

    I was able to bounce some ideas off another mechanic as well. I messed up and didn't think to check the grounds. tested them and they have 12v running to them. I also found out another mechanic worked on the lift and connected the testing terminals to other wires.could the limit switches cause a back feed of voltage to the ground? Im just happy i was able to run a new ground to get it out of the air and get it hauled back to the shop so i can dig in deeper and not have a GC breathing down my neck.