Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie TMZ 34/19 electrical problem

Dave L ยท 2013-09-30 08:39

I have a Genie that quit working, batteries are good,hydraulic pump motor runs when jumped. the lift was made in 1999.Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,Dave

Replies16
  1. #1Dave L2013-10-15 03:41

    Still Looking for help or suggestions on finding the reason our genie tmz 34/19 will not work. Member VoodoMojo was kind enough to post the wiring schematics for the lift and I appreciate it.The problem I have is not knowing the proper sequence in checking the circuits for power,and what circuits need checked.?

  2. #2k9yli2014-09-06 11:16

    Reading schematics is the first method needed for trouble shooting. The next step is work on the first failure you see. You need to know the steps of 'bring up' also. On a Genie tmz 34 the first thing you do is level it.. So that where to start. If it doesnt put down the feet, it wont do anything else... I know this is an old post but the learning point is the same. Then 'seperate and substitute'[ Will it work from either set of controls............

  3. #3VoodooMojo2014-09-07 15:30

    There could be at least 100 reasons the machine will not operate. We have to start somewhere... Do the lights at the lower control box come on when the unit is turned on at both upper and lower controls?

  4. #4biglittle762014-11-30 16:37

    i have a tmz 34/19 that worked fine, then the outriggers started moving slowly, then all functions started moving slow, thought it was pins siezing up, after freeing up some pins it seemed to work fine now the outriggers wont move at all, no pump turning on at all. I have tried jumping the limit sensors to find the problem with no luck please help voodoomojo

  5. #5CDH742016-11-20 18:17

    Hello Voodoo, I have a Genie Boom TMZ-34/19 that has no power at either control panel. I have power at the control box where the wires come from the batteries. There is one light on in the control box which has E-Stop OK beside it. Other than that the controls at the platform and ground controls will not light up. Both Emergency Switches are good and the key is good. It was made in 2000 with a serial number of T3400-00024. I have looked at the service manual and I'm getting no where with the service procedure. I'm guessing that one of the blue boards are not working but I do not want to order the wrong one. Any help would be appreciated.

  6. #6pato2017-10-18 19:07

    tried finding a reply to this post. im having same problem with my tmz 34/19 and no lights at lower control box not even battery indicator. have load tested all batteries and ohmed e stop switches have 24V to lower control box circuit board but no led lights at all. usually when I look inside box e stop ok light will be on as well as outrigger ok but now nothing

  7. #7Sparkym622022-11-16 14:09

    I have a 1999 34/19 amd I am getting no lights on control. I have tested and have 24v at e-stops. the key switch has two wires with 5v. no lights at all come on, not even battery level lighhts

  8. #8Txhayseed2022-11-16 22:16

    So alot of different people with alot of different questions. First off. You either have a single board or a two board system with membrane switches depending on serial #. No diagnostic codes being flashed at the readout. ?? Charger interlock is hooked up or no ? If it is, is it working correctly Also do you have manual or hydraulic outriggers?? How do you load test a deep cycle battery ?? How did you determine your batteries are good/charged volt meter or tested them with a hydrometer ? Did the problem happen just all of the sudden or was the machine parked in a field for 5 years first. . Alot more information is needed then my machine don't work. Be glad to try to help but not standing right there in front of it seeing what you see. the more information the better. Depending on your skill set Sometimes calling in or taking it to a genie dealer/mechanic is even better.

  9. #9Sparkym622022-11-17 08:33

    The unit that I am looking at is a 1999 serial number T3499-00213. It has manual outriggers, the green boards and no display. Checked batteries with simple volt meter.. The unit worked 1 week ago, sat outside, now I do not get any lights either on main or basket control when powered up. I ohmed out the e-stops, and verified that there is voltage (24vdc). On the key switch there are three wires,one goes to what I would think is the feed side jumpered to both sets of contacts, the other two go to the output side of the contact blocks(one to each) I am getting 5vdc on the two wires on output side. Currently the unit is sitting with the outriggers, and boom in the "stored" position. It worked fine when parked. I am using the wiring diagram attached (page 6-6) to trouble shoot.

  10. #10Txhayseed2022-11-17 08:40

    Key switch has power in from e stop on one wire. Second wire feeds ground controls third wire feeds basket controls depending on key position. Check for power in then switch positions for power to other two wires in both positions. If your not getting power into or out of key switch that would be a place to start. If you are then we can go further down the line. Also check to make sure the ribbon cables are fully seated. Those guys can pull out. I would disconnect them, inspect them and reinstall them just to be sure.

  11. #11Sparkym622022-11-17 08:45

    Should this be 24vdc? If so then no I am not getting that.

  12. #12Sparkym622022-11-17 08:53

    Can you tell me where pin 7 on QD4 goes" My best guess is it connects to pin 2 on J9.

  13. #13Txhayseed2022-11-17 20:02

    Qd 4 shows to be a 6 pin connector. The connector to your platform control box. Pin 2 on key switch should have 24 volts with e stop not depressed. Pins 1 and 3 will alternate 24v depending on if you have it in ground or platform mode.

  14. #14Sparkym622022-11-17 21:21

    Qd4 is 5 pin but on print it is numbered 7,1,2,3,6 with 7and6 going to e-stop. 6 coming from main panel e-stop.

  15. #15AMECO2023-09-08 10:32

    I had the same "no power" issue. Through the first steps of troubleshooting I'm stopped at the point where the connection board is bad. I removed the board and R1 resistor is burned. I was planning to replace that resistor but there isn't any info left on it. Can anyone tell me what size resistor that should be?

  16. #16Sixseas2025-05-07 20:14

    Hi, Did you ever solve the no power problem? Its sounds like I have the same problem with the exception I have no green circuit board LED light on. My serial number is T3400-00023 so looks like it was made 1 before yours.