installed wireless remote on telehandler
can i ask why? i have seen these systems before but i never found the reason for them
I'm really attracted to machine that have wireless remote. It's pretty cool.
we've done several on boom trucks that we put man baskets on but this is the fist one we put on forklift. it gets man basket also and they use it for working in underground mine
Did that machine have electric over hydraulic valves? Or pilot controls? Who made that remote control system? The reason for all these questions is that I am planning to put remotes on my big rollback, which has simple spool valves now. Thanks, Mitch
The remotes on the forklift are electric over hyd. and were supposed to be plug and play but took a little more plugging and playing with cat et and sis because of it being a newer unit working with the manufacturer on that to make changes on future changes but got it all worked out now and everythings ok. The boom trucks use electric actuators that tie into the valve linkage to push and pull them and could be adapted to most valves but the linkage cant have much slop because it needs to return back close to the same neutral position everytime or it causes codes and will cut off PM me and Ill get you a info on how many functions you want to work.
i been around a couple of wreckers that had wireless remotes that used solenoids. I don't think i would be comfortable in basket with those things calling the show. jerky and unreliable would be the nicest things i could say about them. i did run a national boom truck with fully proportionate wireless controls that was SMOOOOTH as silk but it was a factory integrated option from national. I still worried about them though
These are proportionate with throttle control and you can adjust all the functions individualy as far as percentage of max actuator travel like boom down or hoist down doesnt need as much power as up so you can really fine tune these just how you want them.
Hey hatchequip, I found your post by searching online for telehandler with remote boom control. Im getting ready to buy a new telehandler and want one with remote boom control. According to the dealers I've talked to, Gehl stopped offering this as an option recently and they were the only manufacturer that offered it. The only option that leaves with is to have it installed aftermarket. Do you still install these? I don't currently have a telehandler but plan on purchasing soon. Can you install on most brands?
Would need to have mod. and s/n's to check with manufacturer.
Also welcome to the site