Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie tmz 34/19 want operate

ragtop69 · 2022-10-05 12:56

It will rotate left or right other than that nothing. If I disconnect the platform I have nothing not sure where to check it. Battery are good and it has the blue boards in it.

Replies7
  1. #1ragtop692022-10-05 13:23

    Both lights are blinking and the alarm is beeping. The two stack Solenoid is staying hot and on till I turn off the key.

  2. #203hdrk2022-10-06 00:01

    Not familiar with these units, but I will say this. All solenoids get hot when they operate. Just because they are hot does not mean they are malfunctioning. Go to genielifts.com then to support and tech tips. There are instruction on that site to tell you how to test solenoid coils and maybe a lot of other things in the manual for that machine.

  3. #3ragtop692022-10-07 13:35

    Anyone…. Anything

  4. #403hdrk2022-10-07 23:29

    52075-13-1.p65 (gogenielift.com) Copy this into a google or other search engine and see if it takes you to the service manual and the trouble shooting pages. If not reply on here and I will try to figure out how to post the exact way to get to that manual and repost. If you could do some of the basic trouble shooting listed in the manual, you would be able to post on here what you have done and help us narrow down the symptoms. If I came to your place to work on your lift for pay, which is part of what I do for a living, I would start with the manual. I have a Genie, Jlg, Grove and Skyjack all in my yard right now, in the process of being repaired. I have to start from scratch because I work on so many different machines. Please help us by doing what you can. If your looking for a solution on manlift problems, by trying to find the guy that says he know exactly what the problem his from the info you have given so far, I doubt you will find that answer. I could copy and paste the instructions out of the manual, but I doubt it would do any good. If you don't understand what the manual is wanting you to do, ask here and I will see if I can guide you. By the way, in one of the pictures there is a wire nut splicing wires together in the background - that is usually a bad sign of the quality of repairs that have been done in the past. I once worked on a machine that was spliced and jumpered in many places. I had to follow the wiring diagram in every detail before I started troubleshooting from the book. Diagnosing a circuit that has been modified, by using the book, is usually useless. If there are many splices like that that you don't know what they are - the info you receive from us, may be useless as well until you figure out what modifications may or may not, have been done.

  5. #5ragtop692022-10-08 19:27

    Got the manual……is there anyway to upgrade to a joystick to run it?

  6. #603hdrk2022-10-09 11:57

    Anything is possible with the proper knowledge. That would require reverse engineering the system, replacing any proprietary components with aftermarket, sourcing the aftermarket components, then installing all of it. I would not touch it myself, as a job for pay, due to liability. But I am sure, if I did, it would cost at least $10,000 in parts and labor. If genie made a kit to do so, it would have to be installed by you or a certified Genie shop, again for liability reasons.

  7. #7ragtop692022-11-10 08:36

    Seamed like every time I disconnect the batteries let it sit get a minute to pitting with it the lights are different. Last time when I turned the key on ground the jib took off and went up by its self turned key off it stopped key back on nothing alarm sounds and battery light is on. For sale soon!