Got a TM34/20 towable lift (TM3408-4**). When ran from the basket the speed of the pump is slower than if ran from the ground controls. The adjustable speed on the basket is all the way to fast. Knob still adjust speed. With the slower speed the lift will not lift the same weight as when run from the ground controls. When run from the ground you can hear the pump has more power. I can go part way up with basket control but not enough power and stalls. First I thought batteries were weak. When in basket I had someone use ground controls and everything worked fine.
fixed Got it fixed. It was the voltage regulating diode in the basket controls. Genie used a zener diode as a voltage regulator. The diode was going bad causing low voltage. $2 fix. Studied the wire schematics to figure it out. The pump controller works on a 0 to 5 volt signal to control how fast the pump runs. Low voltage means slow speed.
Well done! If you have the information and can decipher how the system works, run some tests, diagnosis can sometimes be quick and easy. This will be very helpful for the next person that has this problem.
I have one doing the same thing. I will check out the diode. Thanks for your post.