Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie TZ34 Platform Controls

Mechanicsville804 · 2022-09-12 11:49

Hey All, I am working on a Genie TZ34 with platform controls are not working. When I push the function enable button I hear the relay click and then when I push the function button second I can hear the solenoid valve click, but the motor will not power on. Thanks in advanced!

Replies7
  1. #1Txhayseed2022-09-13 20:10

    Whats your serial # tz34s come in numerous configurations.

  2. #2Mechanicsville8042022-09-14 07:12

    TZ3410-300

  3. #3Mechanicsville8042022-09-14 15:31

    Also, I have full control of all functions from the ground control just not the basket controls. When I use the basket controls I can hear the relays and the valves clicking but the pump will not cut on from the basket, only from the ground.

  4. #4Txhayseed2022-09-15 21:54

    Sounds like you have a safety switch that is not working. If ground controls work then the platform cut out relay is being held open. I would check all your limit switches first.

  5. #5Mechanicsville8042022-09-16 07:19

    Appreciate it! Will keep you posted.

  6. #6Mechanicsville8042022-09-16 15:30

    I am using the schematic from the genie website but I don’t think this schematic matches my model. Also I see the limit switches in the prints but I don’t think this model has any? Am I wrong and just missing the limit switches?

  7. #7Mechanicsville8042022-09-30 07:06

    Praise God, the issue has been resolved. I found a home made repair with a buttconnector that was not making contact with the exposed wire so the ground side of the circuit was open.