I am looking at a Genie Z 45/25 and it seems you can't take it on much of a slope without the alarm going off, will the machine go into some kind of lock down mode if you get too steep? Thanks
it is sensitive. If that genie has a 3 wire tilt sensor you can jumper it to move the lift for travel, but it is not recommended to use the lift for any work without that sensor engaged.
Can you tell me the proper way of jumpering the sensor? Thanks
well on the JLG units it is usually a 3 wire system. The only thing I have done is disconnect the sensor and on the engine side of that plug you can install a 4inch piece of jumper wire. its easy on the jlg because that side of the fitting is female so a small u shaped scrap of 14gauage wire works good. I would only use this as a test and don't cut any of the wires on the factory system. I think the genie and jlg are very similar. hope this works and remember to use the tilt sensor outside of troubleshooting as that lift can tip over if the sensor is bypassed and you extend to high past a safe tilt angle.