I have a 2012 skytrak 8042. I'm having issues with my machine randomly disengaging from gear. Say I start up the machine to move. I'll put it in reverse, and maybe after a few feet it will disengage. I can usually count to 7, then it re-engages. Sometimes it will do it two or three times in a row. When it's warmed up and driving at a higher rpm it's just fine. It's always at the worst moments. Like if I've got a big beam in a strap and I'm trying to inch forward to get it in position. Randomly it disengages from gear and the machine jolts, swinging the beam around.
yikes that is not s fun issue to have when carrying a beam. I have heard that these ecan pop out when turning to one way or another, does yours do this at all?
Nope, not when turning. Only at a low rpm if the machine hasn't been running for a minute or so. When it does to it, like I said, I can count to about 6 or 7 and then it re-engages and is fine.
That is a strange issue. I will try and ask a few friends about this one for you because I cant think of what would cause that.