Hello, Well you guys were a lot of help the last time I was here With questions on our Genie boom and I appreciate it. We found 8 Deep Cell batteries at a decent price and purchased them. Used the lift once and it was great. We went to use it a second time, a few days later and it would not move. We thought we were sold a bad batch of batteries, but the batteries are fine we have tested them. This Genie is totally electric with hydraulics for steering and lift. From the ground controls you can operate all the functions just fine, except steering or drive since there are no controls for that at ground. From the basket there is a foot switch and when it was working fine, all you had to do was press the foot switch and you could use all functions. Well now you press the foot switch and all you can get is the down function alarm. There is another switch on the basket controls. I believe it is called the auxiliary switch. As long as you have your foot on the pedal switch and hold the auxiliary switch you can have all boom functions but machine will not drive forward or reverse. The steering functions work as well when holding the auxiliary switch. Note we never had to hold that extra auxiliary switch to use the machine. Just mash the pedal switch and go. This machine is two wheel drive and there is a black "Motor Control" box between the two drive wheels. This box has a Yellowish status light on it and when we try to use the drive function it blinks a code 3-4. Three blinks, short pause then four blinks. I am searching the internet for answers and thought I would step back in here and ask. Thanks for any help. Hopefully someone here has had this happen as well and knows the issue.
Here is what I have found so far. Fault Code Programmer Diagnostic Display Condition Possible Causes Solution 34 MISSING CONTACTOR Machine will not drive. Motor controller does not detect the main contactor PR1 or brake release relay CR5. Consult Genie Product Support. MAIN CONT DNC Machine will not drive. Main contactor PR1 or brake release relay CR5 did not close OR open in org/red wire to PR1 and/or CR5 OR main contactor and/or brake release relay is defective. Consult Genie Product Support.
I know where the PR1 contactor is located. Trying to locate the brake release relay CR5
Found the Problem. Blown fuse... Geesh.
I know this is an old post but do you happen to remember what fuse was blown? Many thanks