I am trying to put new seals in the basket rotator. I can not get the pressure seal in. I warmed it in hot water to slip it on and then used a hose clap from turbo hose to squeeze it down. It is still to big to get in housing. The side that goes in 1st is flared which makes it harder.
Trying to put the end cap with the seal into the body? Just lube it up really good and smack the cap into place with a deadblow. I've found its much easier to put the end cap with the shaft in first. Line everything up and then drive it home with the deadblow, then thread the one in the picture into place. Those units are timed too BTW in case you didn't know already. If timings out it will rotate into the boom on one side and not rotate far enough the other way.
Thank you I don’t know name for seal but it has a inner part and I was afraid it would pop out if I was too rough with it. I’ll give it a try.
Picture of 2 piece high pressure seal
I tried a 5# sledge hammer on it and it just bounce back. Is there any chance seal goes in other direction. A picture shows how I took it out, so it should go in same way? The clamp in previous picture won’t squeeze it down anymore. I am doing something wrong!
Weird. A few heavy blows with a deadblow and they've always went in just fine for me. Gears and shafts inside are all in mesh properly? Looks like you took all the plugs and valve blocks off so you shouldn't be fighting air pressure.
Yes, I think I have timing right and gears all slide together. I warmed seal in hot water so I could slide it on, would that expand seal?