Hi, I am working on a Genie Z45/22. Serial number Z45-001081. Ford LSG 423. Unit is running on propane only. I was operating the unit on friday of last week, unit started fine and had no known starting issues. Came in today and the unit would start, but I had to hold the start toggle in the start position, once I released the toggle the unit died instantly. I was looking for some assistance or ideas. The battery voltage is fine and I have checked the vac switch. It is getting the 12V needed. I also bypassed the switch and the unit still dies as soon as I release the toggle switch. All the relays(can style) Seem to be switching and power is transferring from one post to the other, but that is as far as I got. Thank you
Hi. I've ran into this a couple times. Double check your fuel lock for lp. You can bypass the fuel lock for troubleshooting purposes only. Make sure it keeps constant voltage with key on. If memory serves, this has an electrical fuel lock. If it is vacuum, unhook vac line to lock and get a hand vac pump on it. Pump 5-10 hg and see if machine stays running. If all that checks out, check wiring to tilt sensor, I've had wire come unplugged or loose and machine won't run.
Thank you, I will have to keep this in mind for future units. The problem ended up being the voltage was not staying consistent enough to hold the relay shut. The customer has had someone previously do some creative wiring and now the effects are showing up!