Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie Z45/22 Ignition Module

Hcnyl ยท 2017-11-07 16:28

I have an older Model Genie S/N Z45004897 Has a Ford LRG-4231 motor with an obsolete Ignition Module. Does anyone know of a conversion or where I could purchase a module? It only fires on one side of the coil, I replaced the coil and get the same thing. I have tried plugs, wires, timing? Baffled Thanks, Jim

Replies8
  1. #1tool_king2017-11-18 21:16

    A search for the part came up with this https://dvautoparts.com/discount-store/new-ford-f5jl-12a297-da-w-jkjpmmojqirl You could also call Engine Distributors .Which is a GM /Ford industrial engine supplier at 1800 220 2700 .They have a lot of different locations.They might be a to track a part down or have old new stock . What fuel system maker is on your engine like PSI at 188-331-5764 or Impco 1-714-656-1200 you can also call them

  2. #2Hcnyl2017-11-20 09:32

    Yes, I called dvautoparts they didn't have anymore. I found a place that had a conversion kit at a cost of $1600.00. I have removed wiring harness and found some melted wires. It is firing on all cylinders now but will still not start. I have checked compression in cylinders and they are between #135 - #150 psi which I am assuming is pretty good. I was turning over engine with plugs out and 1 cylinder throws gas out of it and the others barley have anything......... Not sure what is going on there?

  3. #3tool_king2017-11-20 12:23

    I will see if I have pdf book on that engine when I get home .

  4. #4tool_king2017-11-24 18:46

    Hcnyl Shoot me a email at [email protected] so I can send you the manuals .What model is your lift ? thanks ED

  5. #5skata2017-11-28 01:31

    is this engine carbed? is it flooding out?

  6. #6Hcnyl2017-11-28 09:02

    Took wiring harness off Lift and found burnt wires. Repaired/Replaced wiring, It is firing on all 4 cylinders now. Starts and runs about 10 seconds and dies, thinking feedback from Alternator is missing and shutting gas off. Yes it has a carburetor. It is a Model Z45/22 1996 model Has a ford lrg425. Thanks,

  7. #7Hcnyl2017-11-28 09:04

    Z45/22 It has a ford LGR425 4 cylinder in it. [email protected]

  8. #8timstar22018-01-08 22:28

    check the orange white wire comming out of alt. for volts and hertz signal with a meter should be about 7 volts .