Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

tmz 3419 buying tips

sandress ยท 2017-11-07 07:24

Can anyone give me any tips on what to look for when buying a used genie tmz 3419 with touchpad controls. I am new to lifts and would appreciate any advice. They are asking $9500 and the ad says new batteries. The bucket has paint dripped all over it and one of the tongue wheels is flat.

Replies2
  1. #1Johndoe2017-11-09 10:01

    Do you have the serial number off the TMZ? the control boards and touchpads (membranes) on this unit at prone to fail. All three boards (two in the lower control box and one in the platform control box) Have to be the same color (all Blue or all Green). In any case plan on replacing the controls on this unit

  2. #2Engineer442017-11-30 19:09

    I bought a used 2002 TMZ 34/19 a couple of years ago. Watch out for siezed pivot pins, especially on the outriggers and their cylinders. The pins rust to the insides of the bore and are a real bugger to remove and replace. Look for broken pin keepers. The 1-inch pivot pins are supposed to remain stationary and the Garmax bushings are supposed to to rotate on the pin. I had to replace all the pins and Garmax bushings. Mine had several bad limit switches on the booms and outriggers. I wound up just replacing them all. They are nice Telemechanique modular switches. And what Johndoe said. The control boards. Mine has blue boards and everything works right now but I'm always wondering if they'll keep going. I also did a complete brake job to it. Corrosion really does a number on machines that live outdoors. Mine lives indoors now. Make sure you go up in the platform and try eveything if you can before buying.