Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie Z45/25 Slow Rotation

Harlin · 2025-06-05 17:49

I purchased a used Genie Z45/25 Serial # Z452508A-35741 Runs great only problem is the Rotation is very slow in both directions , super slow when rotating to the right. if I perform another function at the same time as im rotating such as retract the stick even thought the stick is full retracted the rotation speeds up, very weird. Seems like the problem is getting worse lately. Any suggestions? not sure where to start Thank you

Replies3
  1. #1Kobe Steel2025-06-14 22:28

    Hi, Does your platform control panel have a rotational select dial with settings from 1-9. this changes the speed to some of the machine functions. By way of hydraulic schematic the table rotation (I'm assuming your referring to the table and not the platform) and platform rotation have a non adjustable pressure compensating flow control which may also limit the speed especially if it is not compensating properly but this would affect both the platform rotation and the table rotation. Lastly the table motor and/or its counterbalance valve assembly may have a possible issue. best regards

  2. #2Harlin2025-06-17 07:22

    That you for the reply There is no speed dial just a toggle for rabbit and turtle mode, the rotation is slow from the ground control as well i’m wondering if it could be a bad solenoid or whatever controls to flow of fluid

  3. #3Kobe Steel2025-06-18 15:58

    Possibly may be the pressure compensating flow control I was speaking of. Take a look at item #9 in the pdf I have attached for you. This is the proportional solenoid that alters the flow rate to the boom and swing functions. Not sure if it is of any help as you may have a different version or set up. Best regards