Good Evening, I have searched over these forums for the last couple days in search of a solution to my problem and have found nothing that quite works with what I am dealing with. I'll give a brief history and then explain my issues in as much detail as I can. We bought the machine about 7 months ago from Richie Bros in Phoenix AZ. Towed it to Tucson AZ and used it for the last 7 months without fail. The Z45 is an amazing machine. About a month ago one of my crew members was using it to install lights in the top of our shop. He came down after about an hour in the air and mentioned to me that the platform would not rotate back to the left. He had moved the platform to the right and it would not go back. Along with that came the problem of the JIB not moving up. I then starter to TS the issue. I removed both hydraulic lines from the JIB and the Rotate cylinder and reversed them. I was able to move the platform back to center and have the JIB move up. Went back and changed the lines back to their original position. From there we had a hydraulic hose company out building hoses for our shop and he mentioned that he has rebuilt the check valves on the Z45s plenty of times and offered to do so. He removed the check valve on the rotate cylinder and marked the hoses. Along with that he removed the JIB Boom Manifold to have it rebuild. He marked the hoses but not the wires. (Amateur mistake, sorry). He rebuilt both of the the parts and brought them back. We installed them and still, the same problem. Waste of a little bit of money but they gave a discount on the other hoses we bought. Now, we removed the lines from the JIB Boom Manifold and checked pressure there. Line V2 checked at 3000 PSI while V1 checked at about 600 PSI. Not sure what the problem is there but I think it might be further up. What I need help with? I need to know how to wire up the coils that attach to the JIB Boom Manifold. I have no idea what goes where. I also need to know what I should check earlier on in the system that could be causing the low pressure on the V1 line. Thanks in advanced and I hope to get this solved. Please ask any questions you can and I'll respond as soon as I can.
More info on the lift Engine Spec: Ford LRG- EFI Propane and Gas powered. (Works great on both) Model: Z-45/25 Serial #: Z4525-18907 Model Year: 2001 Electrical Schematic Number: E0254 The wires for the JIB Boom Manifold coils are as follows Black White Red ? (Sunbleached to Orange maybe?) Green with a yellow stripe
I just finished up the following flow chart trouble shootings guides in the service manual and found no electrical shorts in the system. Chart 26: Platform Rotate Left Function Inop Chart 27: Platform Rotate Right Function Inop Chart 28: Jib Boom up function inop, Z-45/25J models Chart 29: Jib Boom down function inop, Z-45/25J models
Same issue Hello Zeino, I see it has been some time since your post. I am wondering if you found the solution?
I never did find the solution myself. I ended up calling Arnold Machinery out here in Tucson and they sent out a tech that took care of the problem. What the tech told me was that O-rings in the main control box were broken and had not been functioning correctly. He went through all of the o-rings on the machine and replaced them all. There was also two coil packs installed that were the wrong voltage. The funny part was that I dont remember installing those coils at all so it was working with them before. As far as the wiring goes, I believe I had that right but I never did get a clear answer on what went where. I wish I still have the lift here at my shop but I do not. It moved on to another shop but should be back in my hands in a couple months when they are done using it. If you'd like, I can take some pictures when it gets back in and give you a better idea of what actually fixed the problem. From what I gathered, it was not wiring at all, just those o-rings that were broken and bypassing in the main controls.
thanks for any info i have same unit with broken main rotater that i am trying to repair and use they were loading it and fell off truck not hurt too bad but i got it cheap@!