Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie Z60/34 need help or service company!!!!

mikedemeo ยท 2015-06-28 14:47

I have a 2005 Genie Z60/34 aerial lift. All boom operations function normally but the unit will not drive but will steer. I cannot figure it out nor do I have the hardware/software to perform any calibrations, or tests. I am located right outside of Philadelphia, PA near the Philadelphia Airport. Does anyone know who performs on site service for this equipment in my area. I have not had much luck to this point. Also, any advice on how I could repair it myself would be great too....just in case I can't get anyone out to look at it. Thanks in advance for you help!

Replies1
  1. #1gray212015-08-07 12:40

    Good day Mike, Did you ever get this machine sorted out? First thing I could offer would be to check that you getting signal from the controller, to the ground control box, where the main computer is, should be green and yellow wires for the can bus, if this is the newer style of machine with the ALC 500/1000 computing module, i've previously found some of the duetch connectors get loose and lose some canbus functions but don't throw codes, check the connectors, all connections (I recommend pulling the connectors apart, i've had everything physically look good, no loose wiring but had the wires come loose from the pins even on brand new harnesses because of the style of connector and improper crimp connections. Another thing to check would be calibration of the drive joystick, if you unplug it, you will have to recalibrate the functions, easy task, generally on hall effect joysticks, estop out on base and platform, move joystick fully from neutral to forward, hold for 5 seconds, back to neutral, then fully to reverse hold and back to neutral. Ground alarm should sound 2 times, turn your keyswtich off then try. This is also on genielift site under tech tips I believe. Good luck.