Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie z60/34 selfleveling delay

Gianno · 2025-03-21 11:13

Hi, I'm servicing a Z60/34, serial number Z6013-12907, and when I raise the primary cylinder, the self-leveling delays. I've been thinking it's due to a lack of air bleeding. I've read the manual, and it tells me to connect a hydraulic hose between the two test ports on the fixed end of the slave cylinder, but I don't have a reference image or a clear idea of how to do it. Could someone help me?

Replies15
  1. #1HATCHEQUIP2025-03-21 11:27

    You do know which cylinder is the slave cylinder correct

  2. #2Gianno2025-03-21 15:26

    Yes, the slave cylinder is the one located near the basket.

  3. #3Vetech632025-03-21 15:52

    Has there been a repair done on the system recently? The master/slave cylinder operation is usually off due to internal cylinder leakage of one of the cylinders. The system should self-bleed.

  4. #4Gianno2025-03-21 16:57

    It has been confirmed that the master and slave cylinders are in good condition, the counterbalance valves work well, however, when the primary cylinder is raised, the basket begins to level late and when it is lowered, it lowers more than normal.

  5. #5Vetech632025-03-21 19:17

    Have you switched the counterbalance valves to see if the problem moves?

  6. #6Gianno2025-03-21 19:32

    Yes i did

  7. #7HATCHEQUIP2025-03-21 19:36

    the short master cylinder back where the boom hinges is where ive found the piston packing bypassing causing the problem you describe

  8. #8Vetech632025-03-21 19:41

    How did you prove the cylinder seals in each were good?

  9. #9HATCHEQUIP2025-03-21 19:41

    the slave cylinder at the basket could also cause this but it will try to tilt down by itself somewhat

  10. #10HATCHEQUIP2025-03-21 19:44

    How you been doing V you keepin mama straight or is it the other way around

  11. #11Vetech632025-03-21 20:17

    She’s the boss and tv star. I’m the pee-on lol

  12. #12HATCHEQUIP2025-03-21 20:34

    I do know the feelin

  13. #13Gianno2025-03-21 22:59

    We removed the master cylinder and proceeded to disassemble it to change the seals. We then tested it in a hydraulic unit to verify that there were no internal leaks.

  14. #14Vetech632025-03-22 08:52

    What about the slave cylinder at the basket?

  15. #15Gianno2025-03-22 11:07

    We did the same process