Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Get high?

phil4pres ยท 2017-05-16 17:39

friend of mine sent me pic of this truck other day , I'm thinking bout getting it since I am contractor n do building remodeling, n my share ( n prob serveral others )metal roofs.has anyone here ever used one these or worked on them? Pros n cons ? Thanks for any info ..

Replies8
  1. #1phil4pres2017-05-16 18:15

    I bet I can get pumpguy to ride it to top n check everything out ..

  2. #2thepumpguysc2017-05-16 19:43

    YOUR ASS!!! I'll bet you couldn't..LOL I have a hard time on the ground.. ever since my surgery, I'm real "wobbly".. or atleast, that's what I tell everybody.. lol

  3. #3phil4pres2017-05-16 20:01

    Don't worry man I'll duct tape you to top rung .. They say duct tape will hold anything... The first ride is free!!

  4. #4rubberfish2017-05-16 22:28

    The only way I'd go up in that was if my wife needed to be rescued from a burning building. I can see no other reason.

  5. #5Juskatla2017-05-16 22:44

    In your state, do you require annual certification for the ladder lift? Where I live, its mandatory to do annual non destructive testing and maintenance by a qualified facility. Its not cheap and a consideration if you plan to use it in business. We also have to have the vehicle get an annual Commercial Vehicle Inspection Certificate done by a licensed facility. The cost involved has put most old trucks off the road permanently and then the roadside and weigh scale inspections finished off the rest.

  6. #6phil4pres2017-05-16 23:34

    Ya jusk we have same ones also on commercial vehicles . I'm gonna check n more on that part but we have been on at least thousand jobs where it would have been priceless ..I have never seen one like this before , but I like it ,and when is pumpguy gonna get chance ride something like that again..

  7. #7Old Doug2022-03-03 09:25

    A ladder truck would be more of a way to get to a job you need more of a way to work at heights like a bucket truck. This would be handy to get some were but not to stand and do a job.

  8. #8skyking12022-03-03 10:07

    You see those rigs with a hook and ball below the ladder. Myself I would not pick much with one I surely wouldn't set a truss with one. Maybe a weather vane!