i just purchased a 1967 Case 580 Construction King with 33 loader and 33 backhoe. Everything runs as it should. I'm trying to determine what trany and shifter I have. Here's some info: On the floor from left to right, clutch pedal, gear shift lever with S 1 2 3 4, high and low range lever, 2 connected brake pedals. To the left of the steering wheel is the forward, neutral, reverse lever. To the right of the steering wheel is the throttle lever. The gear shift has to be in S to start it, along with the left of the steering wheel in neutral. A tiny zap of starting fluid into the air intake and it starts right up and purrs !!! Doesn't need any more starting fluid to start the rest of the day. Thanks, Frank
Sounds like you have the mechanical shuttle with hi/low range selector. Brian
Also, does it have extendahoe ? What is extendahoe ? Do I need it ? If I don't have it what is the difference from what I have ? Frank
Extendahoe is when the stick has a "slide out or extend" feature like this 580SD that we used to own. It extends out about 4' I would guess, to reach far away things. If you post a picture of yours it will be easy to identify . It is a handy feature to have, but not essential.
Here's mine .
Nice looking machine. Not an extendahoe though. Brian
I remember running machines of that vintage back in the early 70's. Around 45 Hp if memory serves correctly. I also ran the 530 Construction King back then as well.