Hey, As a newbie, I have recently aquired a 67' 4500, with the 755 backhoe. The hoe moves (legs move quick and strong swings pretty good), but the bucket only has power in one direction and while it is being moved, the crowder loses power. Otherwise the crowder moves pretty easy. Also the swing seem to rather short, from about 10 oclock to 2 oclock. We have removed the sloppy control levers and are replacing bushings, etc. to tighten them up. We realize that we probably have to get into the valves, but are looking for the easiest, least expensive way in. Also, we are looking for a service/repair manual for the 755 backhoe. Any help appreciated. Marty
I have a 4500 w/ a 753 hoe, and I can give you a little info that may be helpful. A 753 and a 755 are very similar, the 755 just has a little more reach. If I remember right, these valves are Ford specific, and are not supposed to be rebuildable. If you fully actuate any valve spool, none of the downstream spools will have oil. To use 2 functions at once, you have to learn to work the valves together without pushing any of them all the way. These machines don't have a full 180 degree swing, and, again, if memory serves, there is a swing cushion feature in the valve bank, and you have to push harder to swing the boom the last little bit. One thing I remember for sure, there should be a low pressure crossover line at the base of the swing cylinders. Many people plug those ports, but you do need this line, as these cylinders are single acting. Will your bucket curl, or extend? It has been about 12 or so years since this has been a frontline machine for me, but I still use it around the shop frequently. My memory of the way this thing works is growing dim, but I have worked on many of these things, and I still have the dealers parts and service manuals, so if you have a specific question, I'll try to look it up.