Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Getting into the excavation business but have a few questions for you all

Blu Ox ยท 2015-09-17 21:28

Good day to you all. I am a medium sized grain farmer in MN and also own and operate a residential and light commercial construction business. I have recently decided to venture into the dirt work business with efforts to expand our current businesses and also use these machines on our acreages and building sites farm related. I had done run all types of Deere equipment, CAT, Kobelco, etc. year earlier in most of my young life and truly love the dirt work. I have two employees with significant operator skills and credentials as do myself. I am asking for advice from all of you regarding a couple things. First, the machines we are looking at purchasing are a 2008-2010 Deere 160D Excavator, Deere 700H dozer, and Deere 333E track skid loader. I have had a handful of people suggest purchasing the track skid loader and rent the dozer as needed as the skid loader is so fast, versatile, and overall a more profitable investment. I struggle with this concept as my experience in a skid loader is all wheel with little track experience. Secondly, in your opinion which of those three machines will make you the most money??? I am leaning towards the excavator (160D) but I am excited to hear others opinions and insights. What type of work will these machines be doing you may ask??? Lot/site prep, demolition, basements, possible septic assistance, some road building. Thank you for your time and comments.

Replies1
  1. #1digger242j2015-09-18 06:27

    It can be confusing to have two different threads asking the same question. I'll close this one. Replies an be made in the other one, here: HeavyEquipmentForums