Good day..i am getting ready to start replaceing some seals and hoses on my backhoe. I have a couple of questions tho. 1 is it possiable to change both swing cylinder seals at the same time with the arm extended striaght out? And 2 how do i brace up the backhoe and bucket if i am changeing the curl cylinder seals? Thanks
I am not sure that you can remove the swing cylinder rod assemblies with the boom straight. I think you need to swing it for clearance. You can do both at once as long as you have a way to hold the boom. I have attached a document that I created when I did mine. From the manual
A word of caution for you Toxic. Be sure to have the boom assembly on the ground if you unhook both swing cylinders at once. If you don't it can swing freely and crush anything between it and the frame. You can raise the backhoe up and use the stabilizers to tilt the machine to swing the boom if both cylinders are disconnected from the boom. That method works well if the boom and dipper are pulled in.
I just replaced one on my 555e about 2 months ago and I would strongly recommend you do one at a time. 2 reasons, 1) safety as others said and 2) everything is much easier to put back together because it’s all lined up from the other cylinder keeping it in place.
Ok thanks guys..will definitly be doing he swing cylinders one at a time as recommended.