Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Getting started in the business

tycon ยท 2013-03-20 00:15

Hey guys i'm new to the forum here and appreciate any input or advice. To start, I'm currently doing a job clearing approx. 10 acres of land to construct a 30,000 sq ft barn on our private property. I'll be using a rented Hitachi 350 to take out the big trees, and my father owns a Cat 420 D backhoe and has just purchased a Kubota 080-3 excavator which I will use to clean up the smaller shrubs, move the trees, dig structural footings, etc... I've been around iron since I can remember and learned on an excavator at the age of 6 years old. I'm wondering what it would take to acquire a few jobs and get started with my own excavation business, as equipment for me is a passion i've had since a young age and would love to pursue it as a career. I know that I have the skills on the machinery to do quality work, safe fast and efficient but i'm unsure of how to market or advertise myself to land some jobs. I'm aware that having insurance is a necessity, but if there is anything else I will need or would make things a lot easier the input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Replies0

No replies yet.