Machine is a kubota svl90-2 Symptoms 1. Ruined more than 3 dpf 2. Loss of power under load Long story behind the issue at hand but it had nothing to do with regen problems, the engine was/is over fueling dumping brownish black smoke that was clogging the filters. Things I have done. Yes I have checked the fuel lines elbows etc 1. New turbo 2. Boost sensor 3. New injectors 4. New harness 5. New injector pump 6. New MAF sensor 7. Engine compression test is good The machine is deleted because dealers were incompetent to figure out the real issue. Now they won’t look at it and I’m in my own. Machine has no codes, starts, idles, and full throttle no problem. As soon as you put a load on the machine she looses power and dumps smoke. I have done everything engine, could this be hydraulic over loading the machine? I’m lost on this and would really like to get a 50k machine back to work on the farm! Any help is appreciated!
Is this a common rail system?
My mistake I'm sure it is. Can you describe the delete that was done?
Removed the dpf guts, bypassed sensors with resistors
Can you go into more detail about applying a load. Just driving, lifting... Have you checked any hydraulic pressures? Do you have a Kubota shop manual?
This was not a good idea. Sorry but you have a sucky dealer.......Kubota has had DEF issues for years, just like many other manufacturers have. Since your machine has been deleted, now they won't touch it. The entire system is based on all components working together within the set parameters. I'm worried that by deleting these items, you have created a bigger monster.
Yes I know my dealer sucks but it’s the same old story, “it’s not doing regen enough”…. We replaced the sensor and did a manual regen she is good to go” I heard that 6 freaking times and probably close to 9k later. I got to a breaking point so I did what I had to do, but guess what, I found what the problem was now I’m trying to fix it. Something the dealers could not do because no body wants to work or think anymore. The book said….. the manual said….. computer said….
And no the delete did not do anything to it, this was happening before I did it, and is the reason I did it.
Hydraulics move fine and smooth articulation. Lifting weight, and especially tracking up hill will get her bogged down but not to a point it chokes itself off. If you let off she goes back to full throttle with no issue.
This machine is pre def, just dpf and regen
SO...what was the problem you found? I think you are focusing on the symptoms........but correct me if I am wrong.
When the engine bogs down...........is this when it is smoking black? If so, that is either air flow restriction or over fueling in most cases. Does the engine start easily? I'm wondering if the injectors are atomizing the fuel correctly at this point.
The problem was constant dpf clogged. The reason why it was clogging because of smoke. So I yes I found the problem, and have gone after solutions. There are many solutions for the symptoms at hand and 1 by 1 I have eliminated items. So please contribute and quit being a smart ass
Anything engine has been eliminated. Everything is new and programmed correctly: injectors show correct readings, injector pump is fine and timed correctly, no restrictions.
All brand new injectors too
LOL How the hell am I being a smartass? You are contradicting your own statements, and I am just trying to understand what's happening here. ....and eliminating the DEF system was not a fix........hence why I said you are focused on the symptoms. Which is why I am asking the questions. ^^ Think you could answer this without feeling like I am attacking you?....or no?
I know this sounds confusing but the dpf clogging was the costly result of the actual problem. You will need to get pressure readings for the inlet side and outlet side of the turbo first to rule out inlet restriction or outlet loss / restriction.
We did that, checked out fine but because of hours we replaced it while we had it torn apart. 3500 hours on the machine btw
Machine only smokes under load, cranks, idles, and full throttle without any problems, only when you put it under load, mostly traveling
I wasn’t actually talking about the turbo being the problem. I was wondering what the pressures were to rule out something in the air supply side.
Sounds like it is overfueling for whatever reason. How do you know your injection pump is ‘fine’? Thats pretty damn vague. Sounds like something in the governor system (I assume it is electronic)is out of whack—like an air/fuel ratio control or whatever kubota calls their electronic version
I will have to go back and look what we wrote down, I will get back to you but it was in line with shop manual
We replaced the pump with new oem, we plugged into the wire with adapter to get reading from pump. We have also checked the throttle body and it checks out fine too. Pretty much why I am here, I have nowhere else to look engine side of things.
Do a simple engine stall test first.…..hydraulic, trans, and full. That will tell us if the engine is even capable of carrying the load.
I'm curious if you found your problem. Was it a broken intake manifold? Sounds very similar to a situation I have seen.
What was the root cause of your problems, & what was the correction?
Doubt very much that the OP will get back to you, it’s been a while.
if only smoking when travelling, but loader lift and tilt ok can you put rated load on lift side of hydraulic mayed two oil drums field with water that be around 450 kg, if the system ok,be looking at travel motors