Witch skid steer is the best for running a mulching head and doing gradeing work? I was looking at a Cat 299c or a John Deere 333d. I have heard the Cats will over heat and that the undercarrage will cost you a fortune to maintain, is that the case on the new track design. I don't know a whole lot about the John Deere 333d except the cab is awsome, sat in one at the local dealer. Any input or any other machines you would sujest would be great.
I like CAT skid steers but my brother who runs them all the time swears by Bobcat.
i would say T320 with steel tracks bobcats do run cooler than others i have run
Cat has many issues with skids, choose a JCB before a Cat, go with the Deere or a Bobcat, if you're running rubber tracks, look for camoplast brand, stay away from Titan.
I have been running a mulcher on my CASE 465. CASE installed a set of mulching specific pilot relief valves. Even at alt. of up to 9000 feet as long as the radiator does not get plugged it wont overheat. It makes 40 gpm at around 4K psi. What I like about the machine is the large displacement high torque engine make it great for this application. The CASE engine makes 288 foot pounds while the CAT makes 217 for comparison. Deere just released the D series, have not heard how well it cools. Looks good on paper.
i like the new Holland loaders
id go cat but make sure you get the high flow xps , i run a turbo saw on my 297c and ive never had a problem with overheating.
How do you like your turbo saw? That was another attachment I was looking at.
its awesome, anything smaller than 8" i dont even have to slow down for, it just wacks it off, i do occasionly bend the blade on big trees but four blolts take that off and anyone with a press can bend it back, also i was haveing ploblems with the teeth falling off but i fixed that by simply welding them on. but otherwise ive had great luck with it, very well built and well worth the money if you have the trees to take down.
I've run ASV, JD and Cat. For just mulching I had the best luck with the ASV 100. Running Cats now.....tracks are definitely costly to buy and maintain. I like Cat service.....their tracks might break me though!! Haven't had heating issues except with extreme high temps..... and extreme amounts of dust. Will run high flow on Dymax Quik Saw in about any conditions....but will heat up with mulcher. Good luck!
We have six 299c being used exclusively with mulching heads (HM315). They are used by Asplundh to clear power lines. They do come to the shop for repairs but it is generally abuse caused by the driver. If you use a mulching head, get the screen kit to keep the debris out of the engine and under the cab, also don't get the hydraulic bucket quick coupler, get the manual one and get some guards made to keep the limbs out.
Best skid steer for general purpose work? What is best all around skid steer in the 50 -70 hp range? Gravel, Dirt, snow need help deciding.