Sometimes when working with the sun in my face all I can see in my front cab and side window is a reflection of myself. Will adding tint make this better or worse?
Rather than adding tint, I opted for a mylar film on a roller. I did a search for "window tint solar shade" on Amazon and ordered the size I needed. I'm not bound to full time tint but I can shade that sun in the morning or evenings. New polycarbonate also made a huge improvement - no scratches/pits = easier to see through in sunlight. I hate working sunny days. Life is easier with full clouds just shy of rain.
There is a product like saran wrap that is green tinted that you stick up on the windshield as needed. Sunguard Sun Visor - Large Instant www.mypilotstore.com
Sunglasses?
Polarized sunglasses
Try cleaning the windows.
I wear polarized sunglasses but have issues with depth perception.
I also would like to hear opinions of those that have tinted the windows, like or dislike?? I am using a 2006 Cat D3G LGP Dozer with flat glass. Thank You.
What happened??? Did I kill this thread?? I apologize, I had a flat tire, I got caught by a train, there was a tornado.
The way to kill reflections is to acquire a light shade of tinting product that has a dimpled surface (on the side away from the glass). The dimples break up the reflectivity that comes with dead-smooth surfaces, such as clean flat glass.
Thanks for the replies. I haven’t had time try anything. Thankfully I’ve been working in the woods recently.
We have 3 Mauldin maintainer graders. They have tinted windows all around. I hate it. If there is any shadow, or an overcast day. If I am in the shaded side of a house and want to back drag in front of the garage, I have to stick my head out the door like a train engineer to see. They have ac and heat, but I have to run with the doors open so I can see what I am doing
I have a pickup I just got that is the same way, I can't see out of the stupid thing at night, which is when most plowing needs to happen. It's isn't that great in the daylight either. I am probably going to replace all four windows on it.
Is the glass tinted or is it a coating that might be able to be removed?
I don't know, it's not factory, that's for sure. Other attempts I have seen at tint removal was a mess and leaves goo on the window.
If it's a coating should be able to clean it off unless it somehow permeates into the glass.
to remove tint on a window without a defroster, roll the window down a little and peel the tint away from a corner a little pull the tint straight down the window, not towards the interior use a spray bottle with water and a good squirt of any soap, spray the adhesive on the window where you just pulled the film away, using a single edge razor blade, more than one will be used, to scrape the adhesive still on the window holding the razor as close to parallel with the window as possible. work your way down pulling the film as you go keeping the adhesive wet makes it easier to get off IF the tint does not come off in one piece, it sucks to be you A warm day is much better than a cold day for this process Hope this is helpful
Use neat citrus/orange oil on a rag to remove sticky adhesive remnants. It's eco-friendly and it dissolves in water as well, so you can finish clean the surface with a wet rag or wet paper towel.
I added tinting just down to the horizon, sitting in the seat looking out. My grader has the tall cab you can stand up in. Way to much sun on the face. So got a fairly dark uv stopping tint. Have liked it. Can still see the ground ok.
Tinted all the windows in my dozer 35 percent, I like it better than without tint and the AC seems to blow a little cooler
Seems kind of dumb but what about adding awnings? I'm having similar trouble with welding in the sun, my (cheap) helmet goes bonkers and I can't see nothing when the sun gets in behind.
I have no idea what was on the windows but I once ran a very new, D6 High Track machine during some nice bright hot dusty times. I could not believe the lack of any sun glare, the lack of dust accumulation on the windows, and the nice quiet, cool, dust free cab. That was a very special dozer operating experience, though I had a hard time with that low noise, and pushing a load. Noise was just part of dozing.