Looking for a new 55-60 ton lowboy (HGN) and came across these guys. Looks like a pretty solid trailer but I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with them?
I had a 50 ton and broke it in the transition area. The "10 year frame Warranty" they advertise is worth about as much as the paper it is written on. Mine was a 06' model I think and the heaviest thing I ever put on it was a 330 Cat. I think they have improved alot but they definatly had room to. I say pass personally!
Stay away from Globe. I have not seen anything good about them. Stick with the name brands; Trail King, Load King, Etnyre, Kalyn, Talbert, Fontaine, XL Specialized, etc.
And we have! A lot of engineering changes have been made throughout the company of Globe Trailers. New engineering software (same software that Toyota uses). Multiple inspections have been brought into our facility. Trailers get inspected before sand blast, after paint (powdercoat), and then a final inspection. We admit that our "earlier" trailers were nothing to brag about. We have taken a new route with the company within the last few years that has dramatically changed the Globe Trailers trailer! We recently signed on Ring Power Corp. (that has used Trail King for the decade +) and have been building their trailers to replace their fleet of Trail Kings. 90% of the drivers immediately fell in love with our trailers. Sometimes its hard to change peoples views on things when all they know is 1 brand. Take a minute to look over our trailers if there is one near by....we think you'll like them!
So your saying you wont stand behind your 10yr warranty and to not buy one that is over a couple of years old?.......no thanks ill stick to talbert or trail king etc ;-) thanks for the heads up tho lol Pj
Where did i say we wouldnt stand behind our 10yr warranty? Where did i say NOT to buy a Globe that is a couple years old? I basically said that Globe Trailers has come a long way with design and engineering of their trailers and to not be afraid to buy Globe. If you ever get down to Florida, feel free to stop in. I'll be more than happy to give you a plant tour. Im also willing to bet that when you leave here, you'll have a different opinion on our trailers!