My glow plug relay module fried & also fried the female end on the wiring harness it plugs into:Banghead:Banghead:Banghead. Can it be hard wired & if so how .........It's a Gehl 4635SX ......Cheyenne
kubota engine ? fuel solenoid has 3 wires, red white and black? i'm not familiar with gehl... post of a pic of what you have, someone may be able to help :drinkup
Deutz innit?
Yup
A little research and a little guesswork.... According to the parts book I found this is one cross for the relay: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/smp-ry53/overview/ The socket I think is available from NAPA part# 99025BX or http://www.finditparts.com/products/3680312/cole-hersee-99025bx The terminals are AMP, I think the fat ones are 280755 the medium size are probably 42281, not sure on the tiny ones. Newark has these among a hundred other places. You can google around and find other sources but it seems like you have to order from three different places to get everything. Hope that helps and keep in mind I am not 100% sure about this stuff, but the relay looks like a direct cross.
I appreciate all trying to help me out....Iantraxco that summit relay is 7 prong mine is 8 prong....I have looked all over the Country for what I need & have found out this stuff is all proprietary, Which makes sense to me.....So I just bit the Bullet & ordered a new relay & wiring harness $ 562.00....OUCHIES....Considering all the alternatives to a DIY cob job the price is cheap & I'm told the install will be fairly easy I just have to be able to stand on my head to get down inside things.... I'll let you know how it all works out..................Cheyenne
I've found the glow plug relays on the deutz for the newer series (2005 and up) are about $12 at the dealer, while the older 8 prong relays are about $175. I've tried to find an aftermarket source as well with no success.
It's crazy.... I need a dip Stick Tube & they want $185.00 for a piece of plastic, So I'll make my own........Cheyenne
Well installing the wiring harness was very straight forward....I just laid the new one over the old one & made all the connections.....Not hard to do at all, just takes time for a DIY.....The only thing I can't figure out is I have one Yellow wire with an eyelet left over.....The old harness did not have one....I think it goes on the solenoid because there's an empty post But it starts & runs.... The hardest part was getting rid of the cramps from playing contortionist....Cheyenne
Pictures?