D7. SN 75e0364 same as 48a6393 Anyone have a drawing on the glow plug circuit Mine has no wires to the glow plugs and i cant find any information on the Circuit or the voltage I have been told 24 volts but thats sounds hot to me Any information would be appreciated
I think that's correct, but don't take my word for it.
If u can get 1 out, it should be stamped w the voltage..?? [And p#]
You're going to have to make up a wire harness anyway, so hit them with 12 volt for the 30 sec or so heat time and see if it will fire off. If no better, then 24 volt it is.
If it has a 24 volt direct start, 2 batteries they should be 24 volt and the parts book has a wiring diagram . Bob
Used to be a reverse select on the master switch rotate CCW thru a spring load to apply full voltage to GPs, then rotate back to run and start the tractor.
The only thing to look out for is if it’s been a mix-match victim. I don’t think Caterpillar used 12 volt glow plugs, but if they ever did, this would be the one time it would bite you.
I believe they had a circuit breaker in the system also.
I can't speak of your tractor I've seen some that were wired in series. A four cylinder 12 volt tractor has 3 volt glow plugs. I don't like that as any unequalness of a plug causes a burn out, and they all fail.
12 volts to 24 to volt plugs is a bad idea
Your Banger has 24 volt heater plugs that draw 5 amps per plug, so 4 cylinders should show a discharge on the amp gauge of 20 amps, no CAT has 12 volt glow plugs. tctractors.
Cat g low plugs can be had in 12v, 24v, and 32v. These are all 3/8-24tpi. Only the early ones with 5/16 fine thread are 24v only.