Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

GMC 702 ci V12 Engine

kustomkreations ยท 2013-05-06 01:03

hey guys just curious if any of u no were to buy parts for these motors? Im located in BC Canada thanks

Replies13
  1. #1mitch5042013-05-06 01:39

    Wow, I don't even know what that is. Is it gas or diesel, and what did it come in?

  2. #2Deere500a2013-05-06 02:42

    Wow a v12 Chevy 702ci gas truck motor from the 60's

  3. #3Deere500a2013-05-06 02:49

    http://thunderv12.com/parts

  4. #4d9gdon2013-05-06 08:10

    Looks like they took two of their 351 V6's from that era and put 'em together. I had one in a '67 GMC pickup. May have been '68.

  5. #5excavator2013-05-06 11:17

    Yes, it's a pair of 351 cu.in. V6's. There was a log truck in our area that ran this engine. The mileage was so bad that it almost registered in gallons per mile rather than miles per gallon. The other problem they had was number one engine would cut out for a short time, but because the second engine was still running, fuel continued to pour into number one. When it fired off again they usually had to replace mufflers.

  6. #6ghitch752013-05-06 12:22

    i have a GMC 432v6 in a 75 C60....mine got great mileage around 12 with a 4 barrel and if you keep your foot out of it....had to stop drivin' it as fear the cab would fall off .......

  7. #7kustomkreations2013-05-06 16:43

    yeah not the best motor for mileage. i know of the thunder v12 site just curious if maybe someone new anyone local to bc. thanks guys

  8. #8excavator2013-05-06 16:47

    What kind of parts are you looking for? I know of several GMC V-6s around here, I think both my brother and I each have a 351 cu.in. setting around. And I'm only about an hour away.

  9. #9kustomkreations2013-05-06 20:46

    il talk to him this week and ask. Are yours runner and would u b will to sell them? thanks

  10. #10RayF2013-05-06 22:30

    Fair bit of info and links here http://www.6066gmcguy.org/TwinSix.htm

  11. #11kustomkreations2013-05-13 23:20

    are your 351 good runners and were they from an auto or standard thanks

  12. #12excavator2013-05-14 01:59

    They are both in school buses w manual trans. and have not run in 15-20? years.

  13. #13kustomkreations2013-05-14 21:39

    what are u looking for price on them