Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

gmc medium duty

mikef87 ยท 2010-04-22 17:11

Anyone hear anything on GM coming out with a new medium duty line? I'm getting real aggravated with these Ford 6.4s and in love with the duramax.

Replies7
  1. #1bonanno232010-04-22 20:10

    according to my ford dealer, gm will no longer be producing a 4500-5500 series truck. I have no other resources saying there is truth to this. I ordered a 2011 superduty and was told this after a signed the papers. So it wasn't him trying to sell me a new truck lol anyone else here this?

  2. #2CM19952010-04-22 20:52

    http://blogs.truckinweb.com/6551771...e-production-of-medium-duty-trucks/index.html http://www.examiner.com/x-572-Auto-...evrolet-Kodiak-GMC-Topkick-we-drive-we-review

  3. #3bonanno232010-04-22 21:10

    I guess he was speaking the truth. I'm kinda of a ford guy ( like them all ) but thing these trucks were pretty cool. One of the guys that launches at our local ramp has one painted to match his boat. very sharp

  4. #4LonestarCobra2010-04-23 20:06

    Thats too bad. I was not aware that the called the 4500-5500 trucks Top Kick and Kodiak. I had a 1996 Top Kick service truck, but it was the 33,000 gvw chassis. I wonder if they are quitting them also?:soapbox

  5. #5granitefan7132010-05-18 10:08

    All GM medium-duty trucks have been dropped, including the C-Series (4500-8500) and T-Series (6500-8500). I also believe the W-Series will only be offered with the Isuzu name plate.

  6. #6truckboy2010-07-14 05:41

    :usa :spongebobthat GMC logo looks like it spells CIVIC for some reason

  7. #7mikesheldon2010-07-20 01:36

    Definitely not the last 3 as they use more fuel and fuel is extremely high and doesn't seem to be going down anytime soon! They would lessen profits as well. We have 3 GMC trucks medium duty 24' box trucks. They have all been well worth it for us. I would say the GMC W4500. I believe the maintenance would be less on this as well compared to the others you have listed. Hope it helps!