I need some assistance with this godwin cd225 pump. We called godwin and they were somewhat helpful with parts diagrams. But the pricing was outrageous. I pulled the inlet flange no problem but now I have to get the impeller case off. It seems to be stuck. Everything is unbolted and I can get it to move about 1/4 inch off the drive housing. I unbolted the impeller but can't seem to break it loose. Are they threaded on or just pressed? From looking at the housing it should slide over the impeller. It has a bad oil seal behind the impeller. I just want to tear it down to replace. Also, anyone know of any after market parts sources? The quote I got was for a seal and impeller almost $4000.
I'm not familiar with this pump but will try and help. If the impeller is made of cast iron then it can't be rebuilt, any other material ( stainless,bronze,ali etc)it can be rebuilt and hard faced. Unless the seal is purpose made then other suppliers may have them or something very close.
It is a cast iron impeller. We were going to try and bring the seal to our local supplier and hope they can match it. It's the getting it apart without breaking anything I am struggling the most with. 1700 for an impeller does seem quite high.
I worked on quite a few CD150s years ago. The impeller is threaded on the shaft. I built a tool for removing them but if yoo are replacing it anyway you might be able to knock it loose with a large hammer. Put a pipe wrench on the shaft right behind the rubber coupler to keep it from turning. If I remember right we found mechanical seals from the John Crane company.