Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Burrup job

Jakebreak ยท 2016-12-24 19:23

Not sure if this is in the right spot. I just got done watching a video on you tube called burrup contract down in Australia that was very impressive for the conditions and material they had to work in to finish up in 18 mo. I was wondering if any members on here worked on that job or heard any stories on it for some reason I couldn't post the link from you tube on here

Replies9
  1. #1ianoz2016-12-24 21:59

    This it Mate ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m60fY6fits

  2. #2Jakebreak2016-12-24 23:01

    Yes sir it is I'm impressed with it I love watching old stuff they moved a lot of material. Merry Christmas to everyone

  3. #3Jakebreak2016-12-24 23:03

    Thanks lanoz for posting that link for me how do you do it I'm in a hotel in la so I'm on my phone thanks again

  4. #4DDoug2016-12-25 21:00

    Thank you for posting that. Was it just me, or did the d-9's tracks look like the grousers were worn almost off ? Almost looked like excavator pads.

  5. #5Jakebreak2016-12-25 22:23

    Yeah they looked like racing slicks if I remember right they were getting a week or less than that on cutting edges and end bits

  6. #6John C.2016-12-26 11:59

    Impressive!

  7. #7Queenslander2016-12-26 16:02

    Not a single flouro shirt be seen, not to mention shorts and singlets. Those blokes would be lined up and shot on a modern worksite. It's amazing they were able to get the job done with such unsafe work practices.

  8. #8catman132016-12-27 00:07

    they would still be building it if they had to put up with all of the nonsense of today .

  9. #9Jakebreak2016-12-27 07:00

    I noticed that just about everyone I saw had shorts on hardly didn't see any safety vest. I bet their wasn't hardly a safety incident on that job where as now a days you paper cut your hand and it's a loss time incident. Your right Catman they would still be building it today if they had all the regulations that are out there today