I have a start all made by zero start. When the engine is running full load it puts out about 24 volts. When I connect it to 12 volt battery it runs about 16 volts. It seems to me the voltage is too high. Does anyone have manual on these? It has two sets of leads I'm not sure what voltage this unit is. Pics below of model number and generator setup.
I think if this switch is up, its 12v and down is 24v.
So the switch has three positions off, full voltage and regulated voltage. It appears with full voltage it just bypasses the regulator. It's voltage controlled by the green wires that go to each generator?
I've been around one, once. I'm not the guy to ask about electricity either, because I'm a simple, impatient kind of person. I've got the burnt tip screwdrivers to prove it. That said, I'd go after it with a tester and see what voltages you have in what locations, to determine where you have 24 and 12, and what the switches do. You could have a voltage regulator blown out. Which could make it only high voltage. The wiring diagram I found and posted, doesn't show that switch. But you have it right in front of you, so its tester time.
Does anyone know what voltage regulator to get? It doesn't seem to do anything. If I use it half take I get 13 volts and if i rev up all the way about 24 volts. Is this how they are supposed to work? My concern with this is someone revving it up and using it on 12 volt engine