Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

MQ Whisperwatt 15 shutdown

Browfurrow83 ยท 2026-03-05 08:54

Glow plug flashes 2 long 6 short twice and the engine shuts down with the switch in either start or run In run it is 60Hz even when cold After a several starting attempts this goes away and the machine runs normal right on 60 hz Machine cools over night and it is the same thing the next morning Has anyone else run into this?

Replies5
  1. #1heymccall2026-03-05 09:00

    Abby normal battery voltage. What is the standing voltage of the battery, before attempting to start?

  2. #2Browfurrow832026-03-05 09:17

    12.8V Held the shutoff back and cranked it dropped to 11V. It is a new alternator and when the engine is running it charges at 13.9 could point to the controller seeing low voltage through its wiring

  3. #3reganj2026-03-05 21:46

    Abby Normal, I am picking up what you just laid down

  4. #4Browfurrow832026-03-18 19:14

    Yep Probing around for voltages that are abnormal, I find a lot around 5 at the voltage reg plug but I have nothing to compare this to. the ECU appears to be getting good voltage, the only one that looks fishy turned out to be the white wire from the alternator when I followed it but it comes up to 13ish as soon as the alternator kicks in. Voltage at fuses all appear normal--battery when key on engine off--charging voltage when started. there is a wire marked K at a terminal strip above the fuses that is at 9.5-10 volts but I don't know what it is or where it goes.

  5. #5MarshallPowerGen2026-03-19 01:23

    Email MQ tech support with your model/serial and issue. They are great to deal with and will send you any manuals and specs you need.