Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Good mechanic

Welder Dave · 2025-02-05 00:29

I took my skid steer with a Kubota V1902B to a friend's place that has a heated garage to change the glow plugs, install a relay and adjust the valves. He's the shop manager at a Ford dealer but specialized in diesels because nobody else wanted to work on them. Everywhere I read said the intake manifold had to come off so I picked up a gasket. I called to see how he was making out and he has them changed already and didn't have to do anything with the intake manifold. It's sure nice having a friend who's a fantastic mechanic. He said there were no issues at all and they came out easily. I would have struggled to change them. I don't know the best way to show my thanks. He's the same one who ran my MX track in 2021 when I spent most of my time in the hospital. Just a super guy!

Replies7
  1. #1HarleyHappy2025-02-05 08:40

    It’s always a nice surprise when you have a friend go above and beyond for you. Especially when it’s 0 out and everything you touch breaks because of the cold.

  2. #2Vetech632025-02-05 10:33

    I had a friend go above and beyond.........took my first wife 40 years ago. I'm still thanking him to this day.

  3. #3Welder Dave2025-02-05 17:26

    The "lucky" SOB!

  4. #4BobaUA2025-02-05 18:39

    That "thrust washer" wasn't worth it?!

  5. #5BobaUA2025-02-05 18:44

    Guys! Stop talking about working in freezing weather - my fingertips and toes start tingling by themselves. I am in the subtropics now, going through different suffering in summer time.

  6. #6HarleyHappy2025-02-05 22:03

    My cold white ass, sometimes I’d just rather be warm, or even hit. Maybe lukewarm or even a little chilly. Its the windchill that aches into my bones.

  7. #7Welder Dave2025-02-06 00:13

    I'm just glad it wasn't windy when I had to set up a rented torpedo heater to thaw pipes last Sunday. It was about -27C and then the damn thing wouldn't work so had to drag it inside to try and get it going. Thankfully it worked after I took the foam air filter out and stayed on when I put the filter back in. It was pretty heavy full of diesel and all the bending down and kneeling took a toll. I was so stiff for a few days and still am. The first 2 days I couldn't bend down and the backs of my legs just ached.