Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

good n stuck pictures

monkey ยท 2010-09-14 15:37

anyone have some good ones? Ones that you may have been involved with :tong found these while going through some old pictures of mine. Had to finally get a big wrecker out to rescue it. It was pretty well sucked in by the last picture I'm proud to say, I started working back on that pond again just recently, and well managed to bury it again about a month ago

Replies12
  1. #1rditz2010-09-14 15:59

    stuck here is a picture of the first time i was using my 955. I got stuck before I even knew what was going on... Got it out by using a couple of posts chained to the tracks and walked it out.. took about an hour and a half, but we got it out on it's own power.

  2. #2tonka2010-09-14 17:04

    there is a ton of pics of equipment stuck posted here guys...

  3. #3qball2010-09-15 00:09

    tonka, did you take all those pics? lol

  4. #4maddog2010-09-15 08:15

    Sorry didn't take any pictures but did have a good one happen. While dredging out my pond my little dozer(7,00lbs) in about 2-3ft of muck slipped a track. Finally got it out with the excavator to find out it busted an axle. Rock got jammed in the track and POP.

  5. #5rditz2010-09-15 09:54

    can you ever have ENOUGH pictures of stuck tractors?? rod

  6. #6gettindirtyintx2010-09-15 10:48

    LoL Qball.....Priceless! :falldownlaugh -adam-

  7. #7tonka2010-09-15 11:52

    nope just found then here....lol LOL Q is a horse's rear...:drinkup

  8. #8JDOFMEMI2010-09-16 02:12

    First I have heard on here about someone actually thinking of that. I have had that little trick in my back pocket for years. Seems most folks would rather get something and hook onto it to pull. I know the post tied to the track is in the army tank operating instructions. I was around some Soviet tanks and they were all set up with holes in the links, and they carried special chokers to lash trees, telephone poles, or whatever to the tracks to get through the muddy spots.

  9. #9rditz2010-09-17 11:20

    I would like to take full credit for thinking it up, but I remebered my dad using the technique when he got his Allis-Chalmers buried in mud... they tried to pull it out at first and then used the pole trick.... the only mistake I made was not judging where the post was when it first came around to the back and snapped the first post in half before i knew... after that my wife acted as a spotter. rod

  10. #10bg_bradley2010-11-27 21:02

    That's crazy!

  11. #11rutwad2010-11-28 09:38

    Well no pictures b/c I was on too much panic trying to rescue it. But I put a 700J completely in a pond. Walking in gumbo molding clay type material that packed the tracks basically eliminating the grousers. Headed toward the pond, reversed, but she kept going forward. THE ENTIRE DOZER. Put the blade all the way down trying to lift the front of the dozer, but the radiator fan was still hitting the pond water. New on the job, by my self, and I was to scared to get a camera.

  12. #12jimrr2010-11-28 11:23

    the log chained to the tracks works great but if it doesn't you have to unchain it when it gets to the other end of the track and that may be the deep end!, i've slipped track on side hill in waist deep muck and also buried my cat to the fan in (stuff!) a barn yard at about 10 deg. and couldn't shut down at night. the barnyard one i got a hoe to get me out.....the others took a lot of .........cursing etc.