Today while clearing some property, I thrashed what the Komatsu Parts book calls a Left hand Fender on my 1995 D31P-20. If you know of a D31P-20 which as the ROPS and is being dismantled please let me know. The Komatsu Parts book list the part number as 114-54-49870. I would like to buy a good used part since the local Komatsu dealership has quoted $700+ for a new part. Here is a picture I found on the web which shows the part I am looking for.
Looks like it is made from steel. Get a big hammer and cutting torch maybe a welder and some scrap steel. Also a can of spray paint or two. Few hours work should produce a usable part.
We have a supplier for Komatsu Parts, I will see what their best price is for a comparison.
I found a used part in S. Georgia on a D31P-20 which is being dismanteled. The price was "only" $150 which is a lot less than the new Komatsu $700 part and the $335 used part I found at and equipment dealer in Hattisburg MS. I ordered the $150 part and it's on its way here via UPS. I wanted the original part to be correct because I may sell the dozer when my project is complete in late spring / early summer. I could have roughed in a piece but the part had some inside and outside bends in the metal which would be hard to duplicate and fit to the dozer without a good pattern. Also, I am so busy right now that I honestly don't have the time to take several hours to make the part.
Glad you'r busy, hope you'r making money while you'r at it.