Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Good portable garages?

tunspoi ยท 2015-12-22 15:17

I've seen people mention Shelter Logic but they don't seem too durable. I was looking up local companies and came across WeatherPort's portable garages. I guess I have to get a quote to get a price but before I do that anyone have any experience with them or any other suggestions? Thanks!

Replies8
  1. #1turfblazer2015-12-29 18:15

    not sure what you really need but just to put it out there i have a army tent that is self contained 14 foot high 32 wide by 50 foot long . comes on a trailer it takes 6 men like 6 hours to put it up . its called a drash . its heavy duty and made to be put up and down . i,am new here so i not sure to leave what info or not ? i,ll try to look back

  2. #2garry w2015-12-30 20:20

    I just put up a 30 x85 that I got on a online ritche bros auction price was aprox 2500 an quality seems ok I put it on screw piles to avoid wind movement Will see how it lasts

  3. #3rorybagleys2016-01-07 18:45

    Not sure how large you need. We have some larger fabric covered buildings by Alaska Structures at our maintenance facility. The quality seems very good.

  4. #4old-iron-habit2016-01-07 19:23

    More than once I have drug my old GP medium military tent over a broke down piece of equipment and set it up to keep the snow out and my butt out of the wind when I tackle a summer job in the winter on my old toys. Its amazing what a few minutes with a torpedo heater will do to the inside temp.

  5. #5garry w2016-01-07 19:31

    my son inlaw works in norman wells nwt and use them there They last quite well despite the cold an wind

  6. #6turfblazer2016-01-07 20:48

    i found a pic of it on the trailer it comes all together. it actually folds out like one of those 10x10 ez put up shelters , its got like 2 layers and has the duct work for the air blowers to supply heat to it. got to buy heaters seperate. anyway the govt paid like 40k for this i think i paid like 6k was gonna use it to keep my dry dirt in it but the township gave me a hassle before i even put it up, they heard threw the grape vine . its a command shelter or a maintaince building and is expandable. if someone has a interest pm me or email me i'll look up the model so you can see the actual video they show of it going up .

  7. #7turfblazer2018-01-27 20:28

    we'll tent isn't up for sale right now , useing it to store my dry top soil. will sell when i retire fully !!! here;s a new website mine tomsmulchsoilsupply.com

  8. #8Jumbo2018-01-28 00:28

    How portable are you looking for, and how big?