Found this on You Tube this would definelty be classified a BAD DAY AT WORK FOR SURE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vE9Zq7Gs-U :Banghead
bwahahhaa........that is great
yikes...that gotta be embarassing....
Yeah that tow truck operator might be looking for a different line of employment.
:Banghead oops someone forgot about setting the brakes ointhead
That was priceless!!
wow, didn't see that outcome happening.
I'm curious as to why that truck started rolling backwards, isn't that the point of air brakes? Unless you have sufficient pressure to release them, they should be automaticaly applied? Something doesn't seem right.
the springs in the brakes are held back by air pressure, when you don't have enough pressure the springs release and lock the brakes...this truck flipped when it didn't have its brakes locked and probably full PSI in the tank, when it rolled there was no disconnect anywhere in the air line so no pressure escaped so the brakes never popped...if a line would have been severed then the brakes would have come on...but i'm suprised the truck wasn't in gear going around that bend, maybe thats why it flipped...driver couldn't find a gear and panicked or he was using his Georgia overdrive...had it been in gear it wouldn't have rolled back either video was funny as hell though
Unless when the truck started to roll the driver reached out to grab on to something and grabed the shifter and took it out of gear. On another note guess he cant lie to the boss about how the tow truck flipped. Its all on film haha
thats great ointhead:Banghead
Couldn't the towman let the clutch out on the winches to at least save the tow truck?
been there done that always grab that shifter
hey boss we got a problem
That was totally unexpected to me too. I know its easy to play armchair quarterback but how the heck did they allow that too happen?
You can bet the next time the operator does that the rig will be chocked!
that is pretty funny. Makes you feel pretty smart to watch stuff like that.
Great air system. It's hard to believe it kept enough pressure to stay charged-especially after a rollover!
bugger
That Sucks
HOW COULD IT BE CHOCKED? :beatsme
that's funny
Driver: uh boss....well uh ........ I kinda had an accident Boss: click.... Driver: boss.. boss.. ?
Incident Action Plan I originally saw that video posted on a Wildland fire fighting site I belong to. Or, the link, I guess I should say... I think the guy that posted it runs a train- ing school in Colorado, and he comes up with some pretty good stuff. It's in reference to what is known as an Incident Action Plan, or to use the gov. acronym, an IAP. It's usually at 06:00... I've watched it numerous times, and the only thing I can come up with, is the guy that flopped over forgot to set the air ( pull the button ), when he got out... If you turn the volume up, it kinda sounds like the winch guy is trying to " let go "... The trucker might have taking it out of gear and shut it down when he tipped over...:beatsme Got SA ??... another fire saying... SA= situational awareness...