Just bought a Skyjack articulated boom lift at auction in FL and need it get it shipped home to NC. Need either a lowboy or tilt deck landal (sp) Can anyone recomend a good company so i can get my new toy safely home?
trucking Call 252-229-1879 JC's Heavy Hauling, he moves all my stuff. He may not answer on Sunday, but you can leave a message
You can call Trent Little Trucking, if you want those lifts moved in style. PM for #
I have had good luck with Valley Transportation. They are a broker, and can find the best deal at a given time. They got some trucks moved for me from GA for less than any others I tried 800-657-4910
Try Uship.com I've moved several pieces of equipment through Uship.com. Works like Ebay with feedback, bidding etc. Moved a skid loader from Florida to Houston, Tx for $500.00. I have 2 pieces listed there now waiting for bids.
tootlems....thats an unbelievable price.....I would think fuel alone would be 500 bucks from Florida to Houston at 4 bucks a gallon...maybe its not as far as I think it is.
7axles Keep in mind that one skid loader is only about 20% of a load. There are many freight companies that bundle 3,4,5, or more small items like that to make a load. I got a 12,000# excavator bucket from Illinois to CA this way for around $1,000 If the truck had 4 similar items, thats $4,000 for the trip. Not bad for Il to CA run Skid steer weighing around 8,000# (avg), you could get 5 or 6 items. Then its $2500 to $3,000 for that Fl to TX load
South, where you at in western NC? I'm from western NC, and I may have someone for you.
tootlems, thanks for the link to Uship. I have sold a tractor to some guys in Kansas and we are splitting the shipping. I recieved one quote of $5800, but after reading this thread put an ad on Uship and recieved 2 bids for $3600 and $3700! Needless to say thanks for the info.:drinkup
CM1995 beware getting a bid on uship and getting your shipment moved are not always the same thing. The bids you are getting are from brokers that may or may not be able to cover your load.
Yeah - I have dealt with brokers before, it's not always pleasant. However, Uship is a great place to get prices for negotiating.
um did you get this moved and why not just put it on a step deck trailer?
CM' dozer was well over 10ft high so it needed a RGN. I moved it for him last week for a pretty good rate. Hopefully he is happy.
Hey worf69, thanks for the professional service at a good rate.:drinkup You guys worked quick, got the load and delivered it on time. The driver was proficient and courteous. I only talked to the driver one time on the phone and he found the site, loaded the machine and was gone to his destination. Unfortunately I was unable to meet him on site to help with loading, tell him good job. It was a very good experience using you guys to move the dozer. If anyone else needs to have some iron moved, just contact worf69. Thanks.:drinkup