Stockpiling and seperating material at a big landfill. Never had it so easy, no compaction tests, no stakes or grades, just haul dirt, what a blast! Getting black adobe clay material where ever it is, yesterday on top of a hill, for future use lining a cell, red clay material goes in a different pile. Only bad thing is I'm running thru the dump area so need to be cautious of the dumpers.
Nice pics DPete, looks like your having a blast. It's refreshing just being able to enjoy yourself and the machine and just haul some dirt! Looking at your pics, the cab inside looks like an E. But, there is obviously G cowling and a hood on the outside. Must be a repower, or am I just seeing things? lol
Buchshot you are sharp!! repowered E w/ G everything from tranny forward
That is very cool, and there is a unique look. I think I might have seen an F with the G hood, but not an E. I have spent a lot of time staring out at that angled side window, but that hood and short stack didn't look right! I bet the C15 alone made a whole and entirely new machine out of the old girl.
Cheers on the new job Dpete!:drinkup It seems like those kind of jobs are few and far between now a days, enjoy it! If I ever win the lottery I am buying a landfill, even have the wife on board. Move dirt, cover trash and collect money.
You don't need to buy a landfill CM, just start a quarry. After you get bored of digging a hole in the ground, just start filling it in with trash. At least, that's how Hamm does it. They must have the right idea since they cover disposal west of KC all the way to NC Kansas. Was working 150 miles from home last fall and still saw Hamm transfer trucks everywhere.
Ohhh man! My dream job!
Dpete Glad to see you working again. And at something fun as well. Take care.
Don't worry the state will create a department of grade stakes before long. Your landfill will look like a tree farm with all the stakes.
That is a great way to work. Just move the volume of dirt from one place to another with no numbers to worry about. Load and haul.:drinkup
Does those selfloaders have easy ride on them????? That haul road looks a little rough for this oldtimer.Brings back days of long hauls on rough haul road with 621 and 631B"s. Happy hauling,have fun!!!!!!!! Floods here the last couple days,no dirt moving going on here.Maybe the drought to broke?
Dpete, that is one dandy job you landed for yourself. One thing about watching out for the dumpers, you will probably see something when watching out for those jokers that will give you a chuckle... thanks for the picture's.
That's the top of the cut in the first pic here's my haul road going up, fairly steep but the scraper goes up empty in 5th, pedal it a little and shift just right coming down and I don't have to drag the bucket or touch the brakes
So are you one of the scraper operator(Bossman) or dozerman(Bossman)??? Or are you the guy in the pickup(Bossman)!!! Glad to see you have some good work.Take care.
Nice shots and good job DPete! :beerchug That is also my dream job.
Current job is removing this bank for pond remediation, remove bank,pump water, remove sludge, level bottom so they can plant sudan grass to leach out nitrates from the soil. Ponds have been replaced by a modern water treatment plant. Had some mud sitting on hardpan we dozed out otherwise sandy material and good going
So you are holding grade for grass planting....
Thank you for another photo DPete! Good luck with your work! I would like to see more updates about your current job now. :drinkup